Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chuck Norris Solved It

"The same equations have the same solutions." ~ Richard P. Feynman

Feynman was a phenomenal physicist, but surprisingly the scope of this statement soars beyond the realm of Quantum Physics.  Just today I realized the truth of this claim as it applies to the following scenario:
Problem: If our Dorm Hall doesn't start picking up it's trash EVERY resident will be fined $50.
Explanation: I am in college I have no money and would rather not possess (-$50).



Solution:  A while ago I saw a presentation {trend-something I'll add it later if I think of it}, and this presentation talked about knowing your audience, your customer on a fundamental level.   Ok, well most of the guys in my Hall are pure red-necks.  This reminded me that the example given in the same presentation was for a roadside trash problem in the state of Texas.  




The state of Texas had been running an advertisement which featured an Indian with a tear down his cheek.  However the problem persisted, so they hired a professional team to go and document what type of people litter in Texas, this took a lot of time and money but the results were quite predictable: "middle aged males, with pickups"....this is a dictionary definition of the word "redneck".


In other words all I had to do was mimic the solution that the state of Texas used.  What was that solution?... CHUCK NORRIS!!!




SUCCESS, so now I get to my point of epitome.  Mind you I have only had this poster up in a few places for ONE DAY.  Today, a guy from another part of our hall came into our hall lobby and threw a bunch of leaves on top of some of the guys as a joke.  Result: one of the guys in the room says "Ahhh, don't *make CHUCK mad*!!!!!!!" and promptly seeks out and attains a vacuum cleaner, and vacuums the entire lobby.  It looks like I won't have to pay a $50 fee any time soon.


Moral of the story:  Has the problem you are currently facing already been solved for you?  If so implement the solution, and watch the fireworks!

Happy problem solving!

Sincerely,
 -_-_-
"7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ" ~ Ephesians 1:7-9
Jordan D. Ulmer

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! This is great ;)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan! Your situation reminds me of when I was resident assistant! Wowzers! That was 1993-1994! Aunt Christine was an RA too don't remember what hall it was tho.

    ReplyDelete